Thursday, April 21, 2016

I hurried across ...

... from St James' Park towards Pall Mall as I was due to lunch  with a kind friend at the Travellers' Club...

But the crowds around Buckingham Palace were so thick that it was impossible to cross the road at any point....bands were marching, people were taking pictures...

At first I felt a bit annoyed, wondering how to say "Excuse me...I want to cross the road..." in Korean, Japanese, and all the dozens of other languages...and then I stopped.   ENJOY!!!  HM's 90th Birthday is a day to take stock, give thanks for a long reign and the stability that we currently enjoy in Britain. The springtime sunshine, the Union flag waving out from the Palace flagpole (HM was at Windsor, so no Royal Standard), the cheerful crowds, and the sight of  Guards marching superbly... Deo Gratias.


No comments: