Saturday, November 29, 2014

.The Advent wreath...

...on the table, and I've just been placing the candles carefully in it, and soon we will sing "O come O come Emmanuel..." and light the first candle and pray the Our Father...

It's over thirty years since we had our first Advent together. We bought some plastic Christmas crib figures by mail-order from an advertisment in the Universe  and said that these would do for a while, but that one day of  course we'd get some Really Beautiful Ones...but now I would hate having anything other than those very first figures, which I'll soon be unpacking and setting up for the 30-something-th time...

1 comment:

Di said...

I'm 72 and am still using the nativity figures I bought as a child in the"five & ten". My famiy was also going to update and upgrade at some point but never did. I took the set when I married and our children set them up every year as our grandcildren do now. The Magi march across the living room day by day and Baby Jesus usually has a lamb cuddled beside him. Merry Christmas to all, or sould I say Happy Christmas??