Monday, February 13, 2012

"Forty Days for LIfe"....

...is an excellent initiative, and today I had the priviledge of taking the founders of this movement on a history tour of London...we began at Westminster Cathedral,went on to the Abbey, took in all sorts of bits of history like the Grey Coat Hospital and St Matthew's...lunched at the Albert pub, later went on to the Tower...

A most useful meeting at Holy Trinity Brompton - good, ecumenical friendly discussions, shared prayer, an atmosphere of warmth and welcome.

Good things happen when Christians get together to defend human life and human dignity. HTB has a bookshop with some good material on supporting marriage and family life, and I also found myself gripped by a new edition of C.S.Lewis' Mere Christianity, which I remember reading long ago and which stirred and helped me hugely...

No comments: