Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Taking our love and congratulations...

... Jamie went on the family behalf to Fr Tim Finigan's Silver Jubilee celebrations, at which Fr Roger Nesbitt preached.

Mother was invited to the Jubilee but can't really manage going out in the evenings now, so had to send her regrets...I was with her this evening and we were happily with Fr Tim in spirit, and in our night prayers. (Mother remembers Fr Tim as a schoolboy - "always was a nice boy" and we reminisced about going to his First Mass at Addiscombe...)

We have a long and joyful family association with the Faith Movement and Faith Magazine, edited variously by Fr Nesbitt, Fr Tim, Fr Patrick Burke, and Fr Hugh Mackenzie...

Next week sees the FAITH SUMMER SESSION and there is just time to book if you are young, Catholic, and/or searching and want to know more about the Faith. These Summer Sessions are hugely popular and have grown and grown...large numbers of young people, great speakers tackling a large vision of life and faith: this year's theme is "Thy Kingdom come: the future of religion and the future of the world". And the same spirit is there that I remember from long years ago: the summer days and the talks and discussions, the long evenings, the laughter and the friendships and the Night Prayer in the chapel with the Salve Regina...

1 comment:

Tish said...

Dear Auntie Joanna, I truly feel you are an auntie of mine even though I'm not British. Here in the U.S. I savored you and your husband's EWTN series on the history of the CC. I watched it at regular times, as encore and sometimes into the wee hours of the morning. I credit you in some small part to my conversion in 2005. At 55 years young I entered the Church on the Solemnity of Christ the King and have been so happy! I love your new series on Catholic Lives and saw you and Fr. Tim last night. Very inspiring. I didn't know of your blog although I had stumbled upon Fr. Tim's and love it. I will be checking back. My regards to your dear husband. Thank you for your labor in God's vineyard.