Friday, January 16, 2009

Having a wonderful time...

...at EWTN, the Catholic TV network based in Alabama, USA. The work has been hectic, so not possible to blog before now, but all is going well, and the people here are simply splendid, and terrific fun.

Last night I was on the show hosted by Fr Mitch Pacwa, and we had an extremely interesting discussion which touched on, among other topics, the idea of home-life as culture, the significance of the fact that we are male or female, the importance of a shared meal and its quasi-sacramental quality...

And a bonus...the team here took me to a shopping-centre ("Mall") to get some make-up for my programme series, and I was treated to a free treatment by a delightful lady at the Clinique shop, great fun and a happy girly time. Followed by a delicious pizza. In-between-times I am feverishly reading up about Medieval history for next week's series, shared w. Jamie, on various Catholic chivalric orders...

If you want to find out more about the various shows with which I am involved, including timings etc, please go to the EWTN website - I tried to make a link to it via this blog but couldn't manage to do so (using borrowed computer, and no nephews available here in Alabama).

5 comments:

bryn said...

yes...i watched you on Father Mitch's show...how interesting.

I watched your show once...but will do it more.

I thought I saw you at the EWTN mass this AM

PJA said...

Having problems sleeping, I watched the programme live on EWTN. I thought you were great and am delighted to hear that you and Mr Bogle will be presenting another historical series.

I hope you find time to continue your enjoyment of "girly" things in Alabama.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the conversation with Father Mitch.
Living and appreciating the Church calendar appeals to many more people, I think, than is generally recognized.
I've enjoyed and been edified by your Seasons series, as well as the earlier one with your husband.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Watched you last night after having sat down to supper cooked by our 14 year old daughter. Her reaction to the suggestion that teenage children might cook Sunday lunch for the family was...rather rude!

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I see you on EWTN from time to time and often think back to an interview I had many years ago re ACN and you were on the board. I expect you have long forgotten it but out of all the panel, you are are the only person I remember ! I was the final interviewee of the day and much to my amazement I got the job. After ACN, God's plan eventually led me to work in Cancer Research which I did until ill health forced early retirementbut not before I was awarded a PhD in medicine.
I send my greetings to all at EWTN which is part of my staple viewing and wish you good luck with your varied projects.