Monday, April 21, 2008

I remember writing...

...on this Blog about the beauty of the prayers used at the Chrism Mass, which mention the olive tree, the fruit of which makes the oil which is used for sacred anointings.

Today however, I caused havoc with olive oil. In a busy shop, my basket of heavy items, including a glass bottle of golden oil from Italian olives, crashed to the floor, shattering and sending glass and oil across a massive area. You simply cannot imagine how much mess it all made. Chaos. They poured flour on the floor to mop it up - apparently experience has shown that this works best - and waved me away when I tried to look helpful. I am hopelessly clumsy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woopsa daisy!

Anonymous said...

This must have made a change from causing havoc on the underground with your bicycle. The annoyance you cause there is indescribable. Imagine what would have happened if you had put a bottle of oil in your front basket! Next time perhaps?

joannaB73 said...

Flour and oil sounds very biblical! At least I know what to use next time I have a spillage in the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

You have my sympathy, Joanna. Everyone has clumsy moments, except maybe the last correspondent. I always enjoy reading about the things you do and are involved with. Keep up the good work.