Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The apple blossom...

...is out on the little tree in our back garden. Now this is significant. This tree grew from a small cutting that I brought back from Fernyhalgh, the ancient shrine of Ladeywell in Lancashire. The shrine was the result of a vision by a sailor who was told to find it at a place where grew "apples without any core". So we must wait and see what apples our little tree produces. This is the first year it has really blossomed.

I've been asked by the Council of Christians and Jews to write a regular piece about Christian seasons and celebrations for their newsletter. I'm delighted to do this - a subject after my own heart. Oddly enough, the subject of Christian-Jewish relations has been on my mind, partly because of the H. Father's visit to the synagogue in America, which went so well, especially his meeting with the children, and the lovely speech from the Rabbi. The latter said that the H. Father has the face of a cherub and I agree!

This morning, in bright sunshine, I cut the grass on our tiny patch in the front of the house, and cleared the thistles and briars from the flower-bed...summer is on the way. Seasons and celebrations...

No comments: