Sunday, February 10, 2008

Daffodils...

...in the parks and gardens, and white blossom on the trees...suddenly Spring in suburbia today as I cycled to Mother's after Mass. On Sunday afternoons we often have a game of Scrabble and then tackle the Catholic Herald crossword. We are getting much better at the latter, but haven't yet managed to finish it and send it off in hopes of a prize. This week, we got the clue about the French Protestants of the Reformed Tradition, and the one about St Paul's Letter to the Galatians, but got hopelessly stuck on the clue that simply said "discombobulated". Is there another word for that? Can't think of one.

Masses in our parish are crowded, and it got rather warm in church. The weather seems crazy - today could have been April. But it's only the first Sunday of Lent...Fr P. suggested a booklet called A Rule of Life (CTS) and I picked one up...

3 comments:

Ally said...

I picked up 'the Rule of Life' last Thursday and am so glad I did. I 've been looking for something inspirational to use during Lent, and this is perfect for use ALL THE TIME!
I ve had a go at doing the Herald's crosswords a number of times, and they are tricky:-)

joannaB73 said...

I had not heard of this word before and so I looked it up and apparently you can also be most discombobulated and more discombobulated - all I need now is a sentence to put it in!

Anonymous said...

what about befuddled? Here (in the US) it would be a good synonym for discombobulated.