Tuesday, June 26, 2007

THAT CYCLE RIDE

As regular readers of this Blog will know, I am planning a SPONSORED CYCLE RIDE to help raise funds to send some young people to Australia for World Youth Day. It's all now arranged, and I'm in training.

I cycle from St Joseph's, New Malden, to St Joseph's, Brighton, on a three-day ride, leaving New Malden on Sunday Aug 5th, amd arriving at Brighton on Tuesdsay Aug 7th, having stayed overnight en route with various friends. On Monday Aug 6th, feast of the Transfiguration, I will arrive at the Shrine at West Grinstead, Sussex, where members of the New Malden parish will be having a grand Parish Outing and we'll all celebrate together. Then I'll cycle on to Brighton the next day, and I'm taking my swimming costume so I'll be ready for a dip in the sea...

If you want to sponsor me, it is a 50-mile ride, and you could offer a modest sum for each mile. Just send me a COMMENT to this blog, which I won't publish, giving me your FULL NAME AND ADDRESS or EMAIL and saying how much per mile. A penny a mile would mean you'd pay 50p! Or a pound a mile would be £50....In due course I will collect the money from you. Cheques should be made out St Pius X Church. That is the next parish along from us, where the parish priest, Fr Dominic Allain, is co-ordinating local arrangements for World Youth Day. If American readers of this Blog want to send a dollar cheqwue, send me a COMMENT with an EMAIL ADDRESS TO WHICH I CAN REPLY and I will explain to you how it can be done.

I'll be writing a full blog account of my adventures on the trip, and have undertaken that, if I fail to make it all the way to Brighton, I'll go barefoot up the Tower of Westminster Cathedral and sing the Pater Noster from the open balcony there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Joanna, I will sponsor your bike ride at 10p a mile. Good luck
In Domino
Yvonne (W)