Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wed Feb 14th

CANDLES AT 9 am......

Sudden power cut this morning while I was at the computer. I had just finished arranging to send some flowers to my dear ma-in-law, and had enjoyed browsing among the options and choosing something nice....when sudden the computer made a sort of polite exclamation and went blank, and the lights went out. A quick glance at the nighbours' houses (we are all squashed close together here, so one look out of the window revealed the situation) showed they were in gloom, too. I lit a lamp and a couple of candles, and got on with some other tasks.....it's a measure of how we all think these days that my initial reaction was "has there been a bomb somewhere which has taken out a power station?" Of course it was nothing of the kind, merely a temporary blip, and the lights came on again when I was in a local shop buying batteries for the radio....

But it did delay my getting Comments posted on to my blog, enabling some one to write in gleefully suggesting that I had been censoring comments simply because they contained criticisms that were valid.....

No comments: